divendres, 30 d’octubre del 2015

THE KEY TO SUCCESS? GRIT

link


This news talk about how a simple mathematics teacher can discover the real motivation of students for study. 
When she was 27 she left a job in management consulting for teaching mathematics in a public school. She was a normal teacher, she made tests and gave out homework assignment. But one day while she was calculating the grades she realize that IQ wasn't the only difference between her best and her worst students.
She saw that for example, her strongest performers didn't have stratospheric IQ scores. It get she thought about all concepts of math aren't impossible, and she had beenconvinced that every on of her students could learn all of her subject if they had worked hard and long enough. She said that the key to got better marks is to motivate the students.
Here was when she decided to left the classroom for went to graduate school to become a psychologist. She was started studying kids and adults. She went to West Point Military Academy and to the National Spelling Bee and they tried to predict which cadets would stay in military training and which would drop out. Then they do the same in the National Spelling Bee to predict which children would advance farthest in competition. They studied rookie teachers working in really tough neighborhoods and asking them some questions.
Finally they get conclusion about in all of those different context have one common characteristic that was grit.



In my opinion first I want to say that this news it was too important for me because I'm not a really intelligent but if I work so hard I think that I can with anything. Now, in 2nd of Batxillerat I have to study a lot and I do that but it's not enough for me because I fail a lot. But I think that I study every day a lots of hours and my problem maybe is that I have to profit better the time that I was studying. With this part of my opinion I want to say that the 80% of the marks of the students it's our responsibility but the 20% is teachers responsibility because they have to do that we like to studying. The teachers have to motivate the students because that students are the future of the world and they have to be good qualified for the challenges of the future. 

Cap comentari:

Publica un comentari a l'entrada